Wickham Park is a non-profit, private foundation whose property extends into both Manchester and East Hartford, Connecticut. The park contains 280 acres of gardens, open fields, woodlands, ponds, picnic areas, sports facilities, and other attractions.
All donations, no matter how modest, will help Wickham Park maintain and improve its facilities. The park hopes that you will consider donating annually to support park activities each year.
Your gift will be used in a variety of ways:
- Developing Future Trees – Wickham Park strives to maintain and improve the natural environment of the park through new and renewal plantings of trees and tree care. Your donation will assure that future generations will enjoy the trees we plant today.
- Supporting Annual Flowerbeds – Wickham Park’s guests have enjoyed a variety of beautiful and unique flowerbeds throughout the Park’s themed gardens. Funding can help Wickham Park maintain these attractive displays.
- Care of Aviary Birds and Animals – Wickham Park takes great pride in the care and maintenance of its Aviary. Your monetary donation will contribute toward this unique facility. Birds and animals currently housed in the aviary, and which will directly benefit from your support, include pheasants, hawks, owls, turkey vultures, peafowl, emus, peacocks and more.
- Nature Center Development – Wickham Park’s Nature Center is a facility designed to educate visitors about wildlife in the area. The building houses artifacts, displays, and interactive activities for all ages. Your contribution will help Wickham Park continue community education by expanding the offerings of the Nature Center.
- Future Programs – Wickham Park’s main mission is to share the park with the community, just as Clarence and Edith Wickham did when they lived on the property. In order to do this, staff members work to provide more programming and events to the public. Your contributions could help the park fund such activities.
A more modest gift can be the donation of a memorial tree. New trees are planted with a plaque that identifies the tree type and origin as well as who the tree memorializes. Please call (860) 528-0856 or email email@example.com for more details and for specific pricing information.
PLANNED GIFTS AND BEQUESTS
You do not need a fortune to give a lasting gift to Wickham Park. Planned gifts, both large and small, play an important role in ensuring the future of Wickham Park. Invested over time, any size gift can have a significant impact. Planned gifts tailored to an individual’s unique circumstances have become increasingly important because they provide long-term support to Wickham Park, while saving donors surprising amounts in estate, gift, and income taxes.
Wickham Park can also be named as a beneficiary of your retirement plan or life insurance policy. Bequests in a will are the simplest and most straightforward mechanism for leaving a gift where the need is greatest. They can also be earmarked for special purposes. If you are considering restricting your gift, however, we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your ideas before you finalize your gift. The information provided here is not intended to be tax or legal advice. Please contact a qualified financial advisor before making your gift.
All donors will receive a yearly newsletter highlighting important Park events and developments. The name/s of those providing funding to the park will also be published within this newsletter (unless, of course, the donation is given anonymously).
Wickham Park is a 501(c)(3) organization characterized as a private operating foundation, and all donations are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
At this time, Wickham Park can only accept donations in the form of checks or money orders made payable to Wickham Park. Please send a completed donation form along with your contribution. Download Donation Form (PDF)
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Wickham Park at (860) 528-0856 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .