Wickham Park is a non-profit, private foundation whose property extends into both Manchester and East Hartford, Connecticut. The park contains 250 acres of gardens, open fields, woodlands, ponds, picnic areas, sports facilities, and other attractions.
All groups must call Wickham Park in advance, regardless of whether or not they intend to rent an area in the park. Half price discounts for elementary and younger school groups and non-profit organizations only apply on Mondays and Tuesdays. School groups with the half price discount are allowed to have buses enter FREE at the gate, but accompanying vehicles must always pay the entrance fee. Event planners should realize that the Park’s facilities are most appropriate for children of elementary school age or younger.
Unreserved Area – Buses Pay, Vehicles Pay
Reserved Area (any day other than Monday or Tuesday)- Full Price Rental, Buses are free, Vehicles Pay
Please see our General Information page for details on admission fees.
SCHOOL, CAMP, AND DAYCARE RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All children must be accompanied by an adult at all times while at the park.
- Wickham Park requires each group to maintain a ratio of at least one adult/chaperone to every 10 children/participants. Please bring the appropriate number of supervisors to comply with this request.
- Provided there are no problems, all park guidelines are followed, all garbage is cleaned up and all bottles, cans, etc. are recycled, your group will be welcomed to return in the future.
- Groups including children in grade 6 and above not allowed unless a prior agreement has been reached with the Park Director.
Boom boxes and large portable CD players cannot be carried through the park. If they are brought into the park, they must remain at the group’s site and be played at a reasonable volume.
- Do not allow children to walk in the middle of the road. Though the park does have a speed limit of 15 M.P.H., there is often a high volume of traffic on the roadways. Please assure that all group members are at the side of the road, or on the grass when walking throughout the park.
- The park strongly encourages a planned schedule of activities for the time that you are going to be in the park. More structured activities make it easier on both chaperones and Wickham Park staff members. If you would like some suggestions and assistance with planning your group’s day at Wickham Park, please feel free to call (860) 528-0856 to speak with our Events and Operations Coordinator.